The “Type-Tested” Certification Program is a simplified and cost-effective certification scheme that allows PPE manufacturers to utilize a recognized mark to indicate complete independent third-party verification of their product’s compliance and/or performance. The program is an ISO Type 1 system that yields a certificate valid for 5 years with minimal oversight from the certification body. “Type-Tested” Certification is available for many of the personal protective technology that ICS Laboratories is accredited to test. The ability to use this certification mark offers several marketing benefits; the documentation itself lends legal advantages. Attainment of this certification reflects superior product consistency, technical performance and overall quality. If you market PPE in the North American, Asian or Oceanic markets and seek a distinct competitive advantage, inquire about attaining “Type-Tested” Certification with ICS.
The following product standards are examples of those that are well suited for the application of this efficient certification programme. The list is not exhaustive.
- ANSI Z89.1 Industrial Head Protection
- ANSI Z87.1 Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices
- ASTM F659 Ski Goggles
- ASTM F1492 Helmets Used in Skateboarding and Aggressive Inline
- ASTM F1952 Helmets Used in Downhill Mountain Bike Racing
- ASTM F1849 Helmets Used in Short Track Speed Skating
- ASTM F2032 Helmets Used for BMX Cycling
- ASTM F2040 Helmets Used for Recreational Snow Sports